Monday, November 29, 2010

Sacrificial Me

Sacrificial me, love me unconditionally

Make me feel wanted, tell me you need me
Oh how I give you all these things because
This is what I believe love should be

See me, see me I'm over here
Rescue me take this emptiness away,
The agony of it,
How I want your love,
The tears I cry at night you wonder and ask why
I've told you in more than one way, I've shown you
I am convinced that we don’t share the same love
The bond I thought we had; was it a figment of my imagination
The life I dreamed of us having were only my dreams,
How selfish of me to not invite you in and assume we had a deep longing love
How selfish of me to assume we would build together

Sacrificial me giving my all to receive the crumbs of your love,
How you remain unavailable, with limited love
How you tell me to focus on me I guess that was the key the point that I missed!
Sacrificial me
The trail I followed maybe a kiss, maybe a occasional I love you

Sacrificial me, oh how I put myself on the alter to be there for another,
I lay their awaiting your next move, anticipating the next high of you
Why can I not pick myself up, this is not the love I want
Sacrificial me, all to save you
I hurt silently, wondering how the lack of love for me is always manifested in the men I find
Who don’t, cant, wont or maybe just don’t understand how to love me

Sacrificial me doesn’t require much just to feel wanted,
Will I find love in me, is the love of God the only love I need
This cant be true when love is his greatest commandment
Why does pain beget pain,
Why do we put ourselves up for play, grabs or to be someone's pastime
When will I find someone who wants to share life

Sacrificial me!

 
 
Anonymous
2010

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I can relate! I've certainly been in this situation. This was great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from a friend of mine on Facebook to the author -

    TO HER: the emotional essence of that piece screams to the reader, it's an open heart of truth and it's deep. I certainly relate.

    ReplyDelete