Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Birthday Prayer (9-22-10)

Dear GOD

I come to You tonight a strong yet humble man
I ask for Your guidance, will You please take my hand?
Will You show me the way, to a more centralized life?
Will You separate within me, things of value from what’s trife?
For I believe that You’re here, but Your name I’ve never spoke,
Or came to You in a submissive manner, neither sleep nor when I am woke.




I’m not a preacher or pastor by no means or any stretch,
I only see what is shown in many pictures or someone’s home drawn sketch.
But I know of your powers, because I see them everyday,
In the blessings you provide to the people for which I pray.
I have come to a place that confuses me in life,
I thought I had it all figured out, but my dreams are no longer bright.



See I have 2 main goals and You know what they are,
But after they are completed, it seems that I’m not going to go far.
My children are my world, my focus, my drive.
For when they are both grown, will I need to be alive?
I was told, just recently that I revolve around them, and yet again,
I ask You, is that their blessing, or is it my sin?




Its nothing specific that I ask for tonight,
I only ask that you please brighten that light.
Or is that the message itself that You are trying to send?
That once they are all grown, my time here must end?
That after fulfilling my promise, to be the best dad that I could,
That I come home to You, as so many wish that they would?



Today is my birthday, as if You didn’t know.
I thank You for another year to watch my 2 children grow
I guess in between all those prayers for everyone else,
I should have knelt more often to pray for myself.
But I know that you bless me everyday in disguise,
It happens every single time you let me open my eyes.


Most Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA

1 comment:

  1. Once again, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! I am ever so grateful for our friendship and blessed to have had you in my life for the passed 22 years. Keep doin' what you do. :)

    ReplyDelete